20 Nourishing And Surprising Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Bananas
Bananas are thought to be originated in Malaysia. This unique mix of vitamins, minerals and low carbohydrates in this kind of fruit has made banana a popular fruit. Besides, their low expense, easy portability, and good taste also help them become popular. Here we present you 20 curious facts you probably didn't know about bananas.
1. Bananas are the best-selling fruits at Walmart! Nourishing, cheap and tasty - the right choice.
2. Bananas contain a natural chemical that can make people happy. Just have a rest and eat a couple of bananas each day.
3. Eating 50 bananas will give you the same dose of radiation as 1 dental Xray because they are naturally radioactive.
4. Two bananas are enough to provide energy for an intense 90 minutes' workout. This is probably why apes are strong.
5. Bananas can help cure hangovers. Just like any other fruits with high content of potassium.
6. Yellow bananas are actually a mutant strain discovered in 1836. The original bananas were not sweet and were red and green instead of yellow.
7. Human share 50% of their DNA with bananas. Bananas could be a great symbolic birthday gift.
8. It would take at least 480 bananas to die of potassium overdose.
9. Bananas is a natural cure for reducing stress and anxiety. That's why so many people love bananas and say banana is their favorite fruit.
10. A study shows that women eating bananas at the time of conception are likely to have a boy.
11. Bananas don't contain fat, cholesterol or sodium. Instead they have Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and Vitamin B6.
12. Bananas are supposed to help lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes as well as lower the risk of getting cancer.
13. Bananas are composed of 75% of water. Still they look rather firm and dry.
14. Bananas have long been valued to help prevent muscle cramps.
15. Slipping on bananas was a health hazard in the early 1900s.
16. Today bananas are produced in more than 100 countries, and there are over 300 species of the fruits.
17. The Banana Club Museum houses the world's largest collection of devoted to any one fruit. You can see more than 17,000 different banana items there.
18. Bananas are usually picked when they are hard and green. They are stored in special chambers to ripen on.
19. Bananas are thought to be the world's tallest herbs. Their height can reach 20ft.
20. A cluster of bananas is once called a "hand." Then a single banana is called a "finger."