We Can Tell Your Personality Based On Your Dog Breed
According to a recent study, your choice of dog breed says a lot about your personality.
The study tested 1,000 purebred dog owners on what psychologists call the "big five" personality traits: extraversion, openness, conscientiousness, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Then they separate the dogs into the same categories as the Kennel Club: Gundog, Hound, Pastoral, Terrier, Toy, Utility, and Working. The results show people with certain personality traits leaned toward a certain breed of dog.
For more specific information, click through to find out.
1. Gundog owners ranked highest for agreeableness. You're affectionate and cooperative.
Gundog: Spaniels, Retrievers, Setters, Pointers, etc.
Famous gundog owners: Jennifer Aniston owns a Golden Retriever. Gwyneth Paltrow owns a Labrador Retriever.
2. Hound dog owners rated high for emotional stability. You're the least neurotic.
Hound: Foxhounds, Beagles, Dachshunds, Whippets, Greyhounds, etc.
Famous Hound dog owners: George Washington owned a Foxhound, Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas owns two Dachshunds.
3. Pastoral owners scored highest for extroversion. You super-extroverts are the life of the party.
Pastoral: Collies, Sheepdogs, Heelers, Corgis, German Shepherds, etc.
Famous Pastoral dog owners: The Queen of England owns a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Chris Evans owns a German Shepherd.
4. Terrier owners rated high in agreeableness, and more than any other in openness.
Terrier: Bull Terriers, Calm Terriers, Border Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, etc.
Famous Terrier dog owners: Vin Diesel owns a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Simon Cowell owns a Calm Terrier.
5. Toy owners had highest scores in agreeableness and creativity.
Toy: Yorkshire Terriers, Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, Pekingese, Pugs, etc.
Famous Toy dog owners: Natalie Portman owns a Yorkie, Paris Hilton owns Chihuahuas.
6. Like Pastoral owners, Utility owners also scored high in extroversion, but they were also the most conscientious. They've almost got the whole package - outgoing, goal-oriented, and organized.
Utility: Dalmatians, Bulldogs, Poodles, Schnauzers, Shih Tzus, Boston Terriers, etc.
Famous Utility dog owners: Mariah Carey owns a Shih Tzu.
7. Working dog owners were both agreeable and open. You're trustworthy with a broad range of interests.
Working: Great Danes, Rottweilers, Mastiffs, St. Bernards, Boxers, etc.
Famous working dog owners: Justin Timberlake owns a Boxer. Will Smith owns a Rottweiler.
Newsletter Sign Up
Subscribe to our newsletter. Plus, get access to the latest and greatest content from BuzzFond.