This cat named Amelia (also lovingly referred to as Tropicat) has been traveling around the world since 2013 when she was only six months old. She was rescued by Liz Clark, a self-proclaimed "she-pirate" who quits her job as a bartender in San Diego and starts sailing around the world in 2006.
Amelia enjoys fishing from the boat, walking on the beach and also hiking. Clark said: "She has to go out of a cat comfort zone often, but I think she now understands that I will keep her safe, and she will have a lot of fun in the end. She makes Swell (the yacht) feel much more like a home."
Up to now, Clark has sailed along the western coast of Mexico and Central America, and around the South Pacific.
1. Liz Clark, a 34-year-old "she-pirate," has been sailing around the world since 2006.
2. Clark got a Cal 40 sailboat on the condition that she would record her adventures around the world.
3. "Captain Lizzy" rescued a 6-month-old kitten aboard in 2013.
4. The feral kitten was skinny and hungry, but Clark saw in her a "commanding lioness air and carefree bravado."
5. "She has adapted to living surrounded by water."
6. Amelia enjoys fishing from the boat.
7. She loves hiking with Clark, too!
8. They enjoy the pleasures of SPA together.
9. Amelia has a similar thirst for adventure as the human!
10. "It was petrifying to leave the safety and security of the dock and my friends and family."
11. "I didn't know if I would be capable of captaining a boat this big and managing all that goes into a trip where you're off the grid..."
12. "but I knew I had to try, or I'd always regret it."
13. "When I left, I didn't know how I'd make money, and I don't come from a wealthy family or anything like many people assume."
14. "I sleep on a pool mat under the stars."
15. "But I feel rich when I look up at that night sky and breath the fresh ocean air and leap into the sea each morning."