Police Officers Needed Cheaper K9s, So They Went To The Pound And Adopted The Dogs No One Wanted
This is such a lovely story! If you have ever been to an animal shelter, you will know how difficult it is to pass row upon of deserving puppies. Some of them are enthusiastic and lean against the fence in order to enjoy the interaction with human beings. Some look beaten down, shrinking into the corner, completely hopeless and defeated. Unfortunately, one of the most common breeds of dos found at shelters are the bully breeds which are assumed to be dangerous and mean.
1. Nearly half a million pit bulls are put every year because one one will give them a home.
2. Still, there are plenty of programs that are trying to prove pit bulls deserve to be loved and praised as other breeds do. One of these programs is the Animal Farm Foundation, who found a way to change that.
3. K9 unites are incredibly valuable for police forces. They help police in dangerous situations and defeat everything from narcotics to explosives to missing persons.
4. German Shepherds or Belgian Malinois are usually trained to perform the mission, but these trained dogs can cost from $10,000 to $15,000!
5. Animal Farm Foundation has collaborated with Austin Pets Alive! and Universal K9 to train adopted pit bulls, and have seen how hard-working, obedient and sweet they are.
6. Pit bulls have a reputation for being aggressive, but most of them are proven to be obedient and hardworking.
7. Rescuing and training these pit bulls are proven to be incredibly effective for a police department. Besides, the training is helping to change the stigma surrounding the breed.
8. This progress is convincing people that there is no reason for people to treat them differently, although the rule is declared by a particular law.
9. Hopefully, pit bulls will be renowned as heroes rather than safety hazards.
Newsletter Sign Up
Subscribe to our newsletter. Plus, get access to the latest and greatest content from BuzzFond.