20 Inspiring Photos That Pay Attribute To Barack Obama's President Career
After eight years in office, President Obama delivered a farewell address to the American people in Chicago on Jan. 10, 2017. It's too soon to say what the history books will say about Obama and his presidency. But what's certain is that there are plenty of images of the president in action. Here the editor listed 20 heart-warming photos to look back his presidency.
1. President Obama prepares his inaugural address in front of a mirror on Jan. 20, 2009.
2. President Obama sits on stairs at U.S. ambassador's residence in Paris talking to his staff on June 7, 2009.
3. President Obama fist-bumps custodian Lawrence Lipscomb on Dec. 3, 2009.
4. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama watch the fireworks over the National Mall from the roof of the White House on July 4, 2010.
5. President Obama signs the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare, in the East Room of the White House on March 23, 2010.
6. President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and other members of the national security team receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House on May 1, 2011.
7. President Obama visits residents of Joplin, MO., the region devasted by tornadoes on May 29, 2011.
8. President Obama greets children at a day care center after a parent-teacher conference at his daughter's school on June 9, 2011.
9. President Obama reacts as Joey Hudy of Phoenix, Arizona, launches a marshmallow from his Extreme Marshmallow Cannon in the State Dining Room at the White House Science Fair on Feb. 7, 2012.
10. President Obama gets a small break from meetings in the Oval Office, surrounded by the paintings of Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Martin Luther King Jr., and a signed copy of the Emancipation Proclamation on Sept. 28, 2012.
11. President Obama makes the "not impressed" face with gymnast Mckayla Maroney at the White House On Nov. 15, 2012.
12. President Obama plays a magnifying glass game with children during a visit to a pre-kindergarten classroom at the College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center in Decatur, Georgia on Feb. 14, 2013.
13. President Obama looks out the window of Air Force One to view tornado damage before landing at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma on May 26, 2013.
14. President Obama works on a draft of his State of the Union address on Jan. 27, 2014.
15. President Obama swats a fly that was invading his space in the Oval Office on May 6, 2014.
16. President Obama invites Parker McAllen and her family to the White House on Sept., 8, 2014, after her letter "How Does Someone Get to Meet the President of the United States?"
17. President Obama strikes a "James Bond" pose during the 134th Commencement Exercises of the United States Coast Guard Academy in New London on May 20, 2015.
18. President Obama and his national security staff are all smiles shortly after being notified of the nuclear agreement with Iran on July 13, 2015.
19. On Jan.5, 2016, President Obama cries after listening to his introduction by Mark Barden, whose 7-year-old son Daniel was killed during the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
20. President Obama and President-elect Trump shake hands following their meeting in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington on Nov. 10, 2016.
Newsletter Sign Up
Subscribe to our newsletter. Plus,get access to the latest and greatest content from BuzzFond.